Re: [squid-users] I see only TCP_MISS

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2011 17:36:07 +1300

On 06/01/11 04:54, Artemis BRAJA wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I recently upgraded to squid 3.2.0.2 and started successfully
> configuring multiple squid instances on a dual core linux box with two
> frontend squid handling authentication and load balancing and also two
> backend instances handling caching.
>
> Frontend-1---------Backend-1
> / \ /
> / \/
> Client ------> / \
> \ / \
> \ / \
> Frontend-2---------Backend-2
>
> Both frontend instances are configured as following:
> cache_peer localhost parent 4001 0 carp login=PASS name=backend-1
> cache_peer localhost parent 4002 0 carp login=PASS name=backend-2
>
> Load balancing between frontends (iptables) and backends (CARP) is
> working fine, but I see only TCP_MISS/200, TCP_MISS\302 and
> CD_PARENT_HIT/backend-1-2 on frontends and backends access.log.
>
> Is this normal when squid is configured this way or there is some
> misconfiguration on squids config file?

Please use 3.2.0.4 now (requires --disable-cpu-profiling option to fix a
regression).

You may have hit the INM bug which increased MISS rates or be seeing a
lot of mixed Chrome and non-Chrome traffic. Chrome has recently started
using a new encoding format which makes its Accept-Encoding headers
different to other browsers. The result is more TCP_MISS/200 when
fetching encoding-variant web objects.

Amos

--
Please be using