[squid-users] Squid & HTTP compression

From: karj <gkaragiannidis_at_dolnet.gr>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 18:07:23 +0200

Hello everyone,

I have a small problem with squid (Squid 2.7.STABLE9).

I'm trying to optimize our IIS6 web portal. I activated HTTP compression
both for static and dynamic content, and this works OK when the browser asks
for content directly to the IIS server ...

BUT, when the browser asks for content thru Squid.
Content is effectively served by IIS but as the Content-Encoding
header is missing, so nor IE or FireFox can handle it !

The output from firebug
1) Direct IIS (page size 6.5 KB)
Cache-Control private
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:55:19 GMT
Content-Type text/html
Expires Tue, 11 Jan 2011 15:55:19 GMT
Server Microsoft-IIS/6.0
Set-Cookie mId=%2D2; path=/ mKey=; path=/ mName=; path=/ mEmail=;
path=/
Content-Encoding gzip
Vary Accept-Encoding
Transfer-Encoding chunked