Re: [squid-users] Missing content-length header for POST and PUT

From: David Gubler <dg_at_doodle.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 15:53:02 +0100

On 20.01.2011 14:24, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * David Gubler<dg_at_doodle.com>:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> We're testing Squid (3.1.6) as a reverse proxy to accelerate our web
>> site. Now we have discovered a major issue: Squid does not accept
>> empty POSTs (and probably PUTs) that don't have a content-length
>> header, and returns HTTP/411. All works fine if we bypass the proxy.
>>
>> Since this is a reverse proxy setup, we cannot easily control all the
>> clients - the reverse proxy just must accept such requests.
>
> Have you tried varnish (just asking).

Not yet. Mainly because Varnish does not support SSL, which is something
we need.
Actually, it's more complicated than that - the proxy should use SSL to
contact the back-end if and only if the client did use SSL to contact
the proxy; so we cannot just use an "SSL terminator" which sits in front
of Varnish. Squid can do this within a single instance, using some ACL
trickery.

David