Re: [squid-users] Documentation for non-Sys Admins

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 16:42:24 +1300

On 22/01/11 12:52, Andy Nagai wrote:
> I noticed that all the documentation on this site is aimed towards linux
> system admins that want to setup squid.
>
> We have a remote managed server that had squid installed by some admin.
>
> As a developer I need to know how to control individual page caching. I
> heard from somebody to add a expire meta tag to refresh the cache.

NP: meta tags in web pages do nothing outside the web browser. They
would have been talking about an HTTP protocol Expires: header.

   Date: $now
   Expires: $now
   Cache-Control: no-store

NOTE: with $now being the *GMT* timezoned date the page was generated.
Make sure the date format matches the slightly old format required by
HTTP. Use of newer or UTC formats will fail.

> 2) set the cache refresh rate for the rest of the pages. Would like to
> refresh pages every 15 minutes.

15 minutes from the page last generation time?