Re: [squid-users] Slackware Bridge + Tproxy + 2.6.37 + squid 3.1.10

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 01:25:26 +0000

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 13:30:05 -0200, Agua Emagrece <aguaemagrece_at_gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am using:
>
> - Slackware Linux Bridge working fine (eth0 = Internet and eth1 = Users)
> - Latest 2.6.37 kernel
> - Iptables 1.4.9
> - Ebtables 2.0.9-2
> - Squid 3.1.10

The config you have looks fine. There are just a few bits where your
differ from the recommended collective knowledge found at
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4

At this part of the page:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4#ebtables_on_a_Bridging_device

It mentions a list of other /proc settings to ensure are turned off.

It could also be SELinux rules blocking things silently or the particular
libcap version your squid is built against not picking up the privileges to
accept TPROXY connections (3.1 only has a slightly obscure runtime warning
for this).

<snip>

> If I delete the ebtables' rules, I can navigate, but without passing
> squid (the connections goes direct).
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Can you point me any discution or
> documentation regarding this issue?
>
> Thank you VERY much in advance for your time and help!!

Amos