[squid-users] Re: Client timing out when using squid as tproxy

From: mbruell <mbruell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 08:23:33 -0800 (PST)

Amos Jeffries-2 wrote:

> Start troubleshooting by reading the section "Troubleshooting" on the
> wiki TPROXY page. Particularly the Q on timing out.

If proxying works when using port 3128, can I rule out issues with network
not allowing packets back to squid when in transparent mode (port 3129)?

I posted results of iptables, ip rules, and ip routes listing. I don't see
any issues with them - but please let me know if you do.

Amos Jeffries-2 wrote:

> Extra details to be aware of Ubuntu 10.04 official packages do not meet
> the libcap dependency requirement for TPROXY. It's library is too old.
> Squid-3.1 will not produce an obvious message about that before shutting
> down TPROXY spoofing.
> Ubuntu 10.10 has a mixed success rate.

I'm not wedded to 10.04. Would it be better to build the libcap packages
from latest stable source or move to 10.10?

Thanks.