Re: [squid-users] Re: Why TCP_MISS with simple request/response and aggressive refresh_pattern?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:37:11 +1300

On 31/01/11 07:09, Yang Zhang wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Amos Jeffries<squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> On 29/01/11 07:06, Yang Zhang wrote:
>>>
>>> I was confused by your reply until I realized that in my email I
>>> managed to omit the one important change I made to my config:
>>>
>>> # refresh_pattern .>->-0>20%>4320 # commented this line out
>>> refresh_pattern . 525600 100% 525600 ignore-private
>>>
>>> So it *should* be caching dynamic pages now, no?
>>
>> If you have the QEURY acl still in the config then no.
>>
>> That bing API result *is* a cacheable response and does not need any
>> overrides. You need only to follow the wiki instructions about removing the
>> storage block (QUERY acl) and adding the right cgi and ? refresh pattern to
>> cope with any old or broken dynamic sites your clients visit.
>
> Thanks, commenting out the line:
>
> refresh_pattern -i (/cgi-bin/|\?) 0 0% 0
>
> did the trick. (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/DynamicContent)

That line exists solely to prevent caching of objects which the Squid
version is not able to validate correctly.

It looks like your 3.0 is not able to handle the finer Date and Age
related calculations needed to store that dynamic response.
Several problems like this have been fixed in the 3.1 series. Sounds
like its time for you to upgrade.

FWIW; I provide package ports of the latest production version for
Ubuntu at https://launchpad.net/~yadi/+archive/ppa. Ubuntu 10.04 lacks
functionality for some of the more interesting 3.1 features, so don't
expect TPROXY or eCAP to be fully functional but everything you use now
in 3.0 should work.

Amos

--
Please be using