Re: [squid-users] Re: maxconn acl with acl_uses_indirect_client

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 12:44:44 +1300

On 29/01/11 02:59, Oguz Yilmaz wrote:
> Ok
>
> How can I apply per "indirect client" connection limiting in squid.

That will need a bit of a patch to make clientDb and maxconn follow a
new directive clientdb_use_indirect_client

*Why* you are doing this with indirect instead of cutting the
connections on arrival at the outer gateway still baffles me. The
clients have already consumed gateway network resources getting to Squid
and will still hold those resources for the TCP wait duration despite
Squid denial.

Amos

--
Please be using