[squid-users] origin compression and squid

From: George N. Zavalis <gzabalis_at_dolnet.gr>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 23:47:36 +0200

Hi all,

I am using squid 2.7.stable9 , and gzip compression in the origin servers
(IIS)

Whenever a client requests a compressed resource for the first time (assume
a new url/resource) it is cached and the compressed version is served to the
clients requesting the compressed version of the resource.
Everything works fine till now, but when one client request the UNcompressed
version of the resource/url - no matter the TTL of the resource (even if it
is one year or more) - the request ends up to the origin (miss) the
Uncompressed version is fetched,cached and served to the client and the
following clients even if they request the compressed version.

I even tried to specific request a compressed version of the resource with
WFETCH and the appropriate request headers (Accept-Encoding: gzip) but I am
still getting the Uncompressed version of the resource (me and the rest
clients requesting the resource)

This happening with all my resources - no matter of mime type.

Any ideas..

Thanks in advance,
George