Re: [squid-users] "Bypassing" Squid

From: Jobst Schmalenbach <jobst_at_barrett.com.au>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 15:54:47 +1100

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 09:32:31PM -0500, donovan jeffrey j (donovan_at_beth.k12.pa.us) wrote:

> On Feb 8, 2011, at 8:49 PM, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > How can I let packages/sites "bypass" Squid?
>
> it depends on how your users are configured. Do they have a static entry for an http proxy for their client? or is everything transparent ?

Firefox and central firefox.cfg (loaded through winpref.js in subdir default)

I think I know what you're aiming at ... the problem is that I need to put too many exclusions everywhere.

Doing this through iptables and/or routing is not good either.

IMHO (I may be wrong) the best way is to tell squid "if its of this type leave it alone", even better if I could do that in a file for all type AND additional URL's.

Jobst

--
Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself.