RE: [squid-users] Not reaching one site

From: Boniforti Flavio <flavio_at_piramide.ch>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 13:37:28 +0100

Hello Amos,

> I believe this is going down the wrong track focusing on IPv4
> address.
> Debian is a IPv6 serviced website.

Ah, really? Didn't know that... can you tell us more about this?

> I suspect you are using the 3.1.6 release from Debian Squeeze, yes?

I bet yes:

proxy:~# dpkg -l | grep squid
ii squid-langpack 20100628-1
Localized error pages for Squid
ii squid3 3.1.6-1.2 A
full featured Web Proxy cache (HTTP proxy)
ii squid3-cgi 3.1.1-1 A
full featured Web Proxy cache (HTTP proxy) - control CGI
ii squid3-common 3.1.6-1.2 A
full featured Web Proxy cache (HTTP proxy) - common files
ii squidclient 3.1.6-1.2 A
full featured Web Proxy cache (HTTP proxy) - control utility

> That version has several known major problems with IPv4/IPv6
> recovery failover. Dual-stack sites display issues when
> someone has almost (but not correctly) disabled IPv6 on the
> local kernel or network.
>
> If you are you should update, hopefully Luigi will get new
> packages out soon now. Meanwhile I have an unofficial update
> package you can
> self-build: http://treenet.co.nz/projects/squid/.

OK, thanks for your suggestion.

Kind regards,