Re: [squid-users] wiki ConfigExamples/Intercept/LinuxDnat does not work

From: Harald Dunkel <harald.dunkel_at_aixigo.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:43:28 +0100

Hi Amos,

On 02/17/11 12:52, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> The problem could be clam. AFAIK it requires the full object to do its scan. Which means downloading the full thing then scanning before the user gets to see the byte one of response. I'm not sure if the various authors have updated clamav or squidclamav to handle tickle-scanning yet. If they have check your version supports it.

If I switch off c-icap in squid.conf, then clamav is not
involved anymore, and yet I get the same problem.

Using "wget -Ncv" I also see the progress bar moving
while the download is not complete yet. After 35secs
wget responds "connection reset by peer" and continues
where the previous download was interrupted. If squid/
clamav would wait for the full thing then wget's progress
bar would not move.

I would say that we can ignore clamav here.

Regards

Harri