[squid-users] Concurrently downloading a file

From: Pelit Mamani <Pelit.Mamani_at_timetoknow.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 16:12:32 +0200

Hi,

I have a large video file (50 MB).
Obviously when a client first requests it - then Squid will load it from our CMS (content) server, and cache (we have maximum_object_size > 50MB).

My question is, what should happen if *several* clients ask for the file, concurrently, for the first time?
If I have 4 such clients - would Squid download 4X50=200MB from the CMS? Or would it be smart enough to recognize the existence of identical concurrent requests, and download only once (50 MB)?

Or is it configurable?
Thanks.