[squid-users] Not able to apply maximum_object_size_in_memory

From: John Craws <john.craws_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 13:28:33 -0500

Hi,

I have a squid 3.1.11 instance configured with no disk cache.
Stripped down configuration below.

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# squid.conf
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

shutdown_lifetime 0 seconds
http_port 3128
http_access allow all
forwarded_for transparent

acl VIDEO-CONTENT rep_header Content-Type video/.+

maximum_object_size_in_memory 32 KB
maximum_object_size 17 MB
cache_mem 4 GB
cache allow all
debug_options ALL,1

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# end squid.conf
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use curl to request a file through the proxy.

What I understood from the docs is that maximum_object_size limits the
size of objects to disk cache and maximum_object_size_in_memory does
so for RAM cache.

I have no disk cache, so I tried to apply a limit using
maximum_object_size_in_memory. It didn't work. However, it does work
when I specify a limit using maximum_object_size.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

John Craws