Re: [squid-users] using htcp or peering for squid3.1 and 2.7 to cache you tube files

From: Eliezer <eliezer_at_ec.hadorhabaac.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 18:56:19 +0200

well i implemented the deicated squid 2.7 server and ti works fine.

it took me awhile to understand how the squid peering system works.

what i did was to deny all icp-htcp features and also denied direct
access to youtube on the main cache server
and i added the cache peer for the youtube domain and it works.

the settings for that is:

cache_peer youtubeproxy.lan parent 3128 3130 no-digest no-delay

cache_peer_domain youtubeproxy.lan .youtube.com
cache_peer_access youtubeproxy.lan allow youtube
cache_peer_access youtubeproxy.lan deny localnet

icp_access allow localnet

never_direct allow youtube

well i dont use the icp but in any case i will want to do something with
it for the testing i added the icp/htcp.

and in the mean while i got some null:// error screens from the 3.1.11
squid.

i managed to repeat the problem\bug while using

refresh_pattern -i . 0 20% 4320 override-expire

if you want me to do something to help find the bug or any information
just say it.