Re: [squid-users] me.com TCP_MISS/503

From: Nick Cairncross <Nick.Cairncross_at_condenast.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 09:28:22 +0000

On 23/02/2011 00:50, "Amos Jeffries" <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 07:37:27 -0800 (PST), nickcx wrote:
>> Hi List,
>>
>> I'm trying to get access to me.com working on my test proxy, but I
>> keep
>> getting a timeout in my browsers: (110) Connection timed out. Access
>> log
>> shows TCP_MISS/503. I have tried disabling various things to see if I
>> can
>> get it working: authentication, send direct ­ even allow all at the
>> top but
>> no joy.
>>
>> On 3stable20 I've had this working ok..
>>
>> Any help/pointers gratefully received,
>>

> "Connection timed out" usually means the network connectivity is broken
> or lagging a lot.
>
> Of course, these are only relevant if the problem can be displayed on
> one version then immediately not be present on the other. If by "had
> this working" you mean last week or months ago, then there could have
> been basic Internet changes you are not aware of between you and the
> website.
>
> Amos

<snipped>
Looking into this further, there was indeed a network connectivity issue
relating to 443. This has been fixed and is working.

Thanks also for the pointers on squid.conf.

Nick

The information contained in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and is intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise, is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality. Internet communications are not secure and therefore Conde Nast does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions expressed are those of the author.

The Conde Nast Publications Ltd (No. 226900), Vogue House, Hanover Square, London W1S 1JU