[squid-users] Re: Squid DG Sandwich... Squid3 (auth) -> DansGuardian ->Squid3(proxy)

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 12:49:38 -0500

How long does the negotiate auth take to identify a user, even if run by
itself?

Also, what is the logic behind running three types of proxies on the
same hardware, where one instance of Squid can technically do all of the
above?

Perhaps I just don't know what Dansguardian does versus Squid's
capabilities?

What are the versions of squid you are running, as well?

>>> bwright <bwright_at_hwahomewarranty.com> 2/24/2011 12:36 PM >>>

Alright so I made the adjustments.... now my squid-auth.conf looks
like:

auth_param negotiate program /usr/lib/squid3/squid_kerb_auth -d
auth_param negotiate children 10
auth_param negotiate keep_alive on

cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8080 0 no-query login=*:nopassword

acl AUTHENTICATED proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access allow AUTHENTICATED
http_access deny all

http_port 3030

cache_log /dev/null
cache_store_log none

pid_filename /var/run/squid3-auth.pid
coredump_dir /var/spool/squid3-auth

I am still experience the same issue with slowness.

I was curious (could my squid-auth which I manually start be partially
referencing my squid proxy which loads on start up, so when I run the
2nd
instance it is breaking things?)

I am just running out of ideas! But willing to try just about
anything!!!