[squid-users] Re: Squid DG Sandwich... Squid3 (auth) -> DansGuardian ->Squid3(proxy)

From: bwright <bwright_at_hwahomewarranty.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 10:42:55 -0800 (PST)

When I combine the 2 config files and only have 1 instance of squid running
it is almost instantaneous. I also tried just switching/swapping my
squid.conf for squid-auth.conf (to test just the auth part).... and it is
almost instantaneous too.

DansGuardian is very extensive web filter: It can filter on content, PICS
group, etc. The normal setup is to have DansGuardian -> Squid (Proxy) ....
but DansGuardian does not have kerberos authentication.... so basically you
setup another Squid (auth only) in front of DG, pass the username to DG....
and viola I should have kerberos authentication with DansGuardian (the
username is being passed to DG). So basically thats what I am trying to
accomplish.

Squid is version Version 3.0.STABLE19
DansGuardian is Version DansGuardian 2.10.1.1

One thing I have noticed is that even when things start not performing well
(If I connect directly to squid:3128 e.g. proxy, it still performs but
DansGuardian:8080 and squid:3030 e.g. auth don't).

Thanks for your help!