[squid-users] squid crashes periodically without logging error message, signal 8, Arithmetic exception

From: Samendinger, Marc <marc.samendinger_at_sp-online.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:42:51 +0100

Hi list,

our squid crashes from time to time without logging error
messages. I started gdb on the core file - disclaimer: gdb
is totally new for me - and here is what gdb says:

(gdb) core squid.core
(no debugging symbols found)
Core was generated by `(squid) -D -sYC'.
Program terminated with signal 8, Arithmetic exception.
[New process 5648]
#0 0x080c72f1 in ?? ()

I've googled for signal 8 Arithmetic exception but haven't
Found anything that helps me to understand what happened.

Version: Squid 2.6.STABLE18 on Ubuntu 08.04 LTS

It would be great if you could help me to further debug the
problem.

TIA
Marc