[squid-users] Squid Memory always increasing

From: Saurabh Agarwal <Saurabh.Agarwal_at_citrix.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:36:42 +0530

Hi All

I am using Squid-2.7.Stable7 and downloading 150 different cacheable files in a loop. i.e. each file is again being downloaded once its downloading finishes using a script. I see that Squid physical memory usage i.e. RSS as reported by the "top" command always increases. Even if I close the script which is downloading the files in a loop the Squid memory usage doesn't come down.

I have tried both memory_pools on and off settings. But no luck there.

Are there some known memory leaks in Squid-2.7-Stable7? Can someone suggest something regarding this?

Regards,
Saurabh