Re: [squid-users] i was wondering about the refresh_pattern Age percentage more then 100%

From: jiluspo <jiluspo_at_smartbro.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 15:04:21 +0800

purpose is not to revalidate.(just let them purge if cache is full)
some servers use as very old date to force content to expire.

server reply has no etag.
their servers has never been replied with 304(revalidation will never be
happen even http 1.0).
sometims when you ask for IMS you will be redirected to other servers.
the last resort would be cache it and never revalidate(now its up to you how
long you'd want them to stay in cache).

but with ignore-reload percentage will no longer be required.(correct me if
im wrong).