[squid-users] Squid 3.1 reverse proxy to OWA on IIS7

From: Gordon McKee <squidmlist_at_gdmckee.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 17:19:33 -0000

Hi

I had FreeBSD 6.3 and squid 2.6 running fine reverse proxying my OWA server.
I have now upgraded to FreeBSD 8 and squid 3.1 as the old software was
getting rather old. I have copied the config file off the old server on the
the new server. All is working except OWA. The images come down very very
slowly (it does work really slowly).

I was thinking it might be a DNS issue, but if I telnet (outside network) to
www.optimalprofit.com 80 and enter:
GET / HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
Host: www.optimalprofit.com
Connection: Close

the page comes back really fast, but if I telnet to www.optimalprofit.com 80
and enter (to get a gif file off the server):

GET /images/op-hwynit-ad1.gif HTTP/1.1
Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
Host: www.optimalprofit.com
Connection: Close

the text comes back really really slowly. I am not sure what is wrong as
even my mobile connects in and over active sync and picks up my emails just
fine. I have tried different browsers and they don't make any difference.

I have tried squid 2.7 and 3 and I get the same issue. Can't try 2. as
there is no port on FreeBSD 8 anymore!!

Any help is much appreciated.

Gordon