[squid-users] refresh_pattern based on acl

From: Leon Volfson <leon_at_one.co.il>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 16:11:55 +0200

Hi,

I have a few squid servers in front of web servers (accelerator setup).
Since the website is very dynamic, I had to turn off the client refresh
action:

refresh_pattern -i ^http://www.website.com 14400 80% 43200
ignore-reload

but then I got the problem: some files that have a 7 days caching time -
I have no way of refreshing them if I modify the file on the webserver.

To make it clearer, I have some .js or .css file which has a max-age of
7 days. It's cached by squid and everything's great.
After a day I modify the file, but the squid keeps serving the old version.

What are the possible solutions in these situations (besides shortening
the max-age)?

Is there any way to have another refresh_pattern rule based on my local
IP (acl)?

Thanks,

Lenny.