Re: [squid-users] refresh_pattern based on acl

From: Michael Hendrie <michael_at_hendrie.id.au>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 09:43:57 +1030

On 03/03/2011, at 12:41 AM, Leon Volfson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a few squid servers in front of web servers (accelerator setup).
> Since the website is very dynamic, I had to turn off the client refresh action:
>
> refresh_pattern -i ^http://www.website.com 14400 80% 43200 ignore-reload
>
> but then I got the problem: some files that have a 7 days caching time - I have no way of refreshing them if I modify the file on the webserver.
>
> To make it clearer, I have some .js or .css file which has a max-age of 7 days. It's cached by squid and everything's great.
> After a day I modify the file, but the squid keeps serving the old version.
>
> What are the possible solutions in these situations (besides shortening the max-age)?
>
> Is there any way to have another refresh_pattern rule based on my local IP (acl)?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Lenny.

Not sure about refresh pattern based on ACL but I'm sure someone will chip in if they know the answer.

You could always purge the object from the cache so next time it is requested a fresh copy is retrieved from your web server.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/OperatingSquid?highlight=%28purge%29#How_can_I_purge_an_object_from_my_cache.3F