[squid-users] Squid 3.1.8: Removing cache_dir + SIGHUP --> disk cache still in use

From: Silamael <Silamael_at_coronamundi.de>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 17:52:56 +0100

Hello,

I just debugged something i think it probably not working as intended:
I start Squid with some cache_dir option in its configuration file.
Afterwards i remove the cache_dir line from the config and send Squid a
SIGHUP (or do squid -k reconfigure).
When accessing further URLs after this, i see that Squid still is
creating new files in its disk cache although the disk cache is no
longer configured in the configuration file.

So, my question: is this working as intended or have i stumbled over
some reconfiguration bug not disabling the disk cache on the
reconfiguration?

Thanks in advance!

-- Matthias