Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.1.8: Removing cache_dir + SIGHUP --> disk cache still inuse

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:25:00 -0500

I believe that is a feature that would be nice to have, but as far as I
am aware of, ANY major changes to the cache_dir option requires a full
restart of Squid.

>>> Silamael <Silamael_at_coronamundi.de> 3/2/2011 11:52 AM >>>
Hello,

I just debugged something i think it probably not working as intended:
I start Squid with some cache_dir option in its configuration file.
Afterwards i remove the cache_dir line from the config and send Squid
SIGHUP (or do squid -k reconfigure).
When accessing further URLs after this, i see that Squid still is
creating new files in its disk cache although the disk cache is no
longer configured in the configuration file.

So, my question: is this working as intended or have i stumbled over
some reconfiguration bug not disabling the disk cache on the
reconfiguration?

Thanks in advance!

-- Matthias

Travel Impressions made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of
the information included in this message and any attachments is
notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this
message and any attachments.
Thank you."