[squid-users] Re: squid_kerb_ldap - Squid and AD integration

From: Markus Moeller <huaraz_at_moeller.plus.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 20:27:10 -0000

Hi Jhonatan,

"jrojas" <jrojas_at_gilatla.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks.
> Some hours ago I was wondering if there is there an option to specify a
> ldap
> server using ./squid_kerb_ldap helper ???
>
> In my enviroment I have 7 sites and more than 16 ldap servers.
> For one site located in PERU, I've already set it up, I mean, Integration
> squid w/ Active Directory. but as Essad said when a user of a specific
> group
> request a web page internally, Squid service uses squid_kerb_ldap and
> choose
> randomly one ldap server...

The helper emulates Windows behaviour by using SRV records which can have a
priority and weight value to determine
the best server, which I try to use (at least the priority).

> I check that some times it chooses a ldap server located in site A (from
> USA) or site B (from ISRAEL)... and as you know it isn't acceptable...

If I remember right that is what a Windows desktop would do too.

> Does somebody know how can I set squid_kerb_ldap up in order to use a
> specific ldap server??

Yes as you may have already read in previous posts I have a -S option in a
new development release which I have it now packaged as version 1.2.2 and
will provide a patch for squid 3.2 in the next weeks.

> Please help!
>
> Jhonatan Rojas.

Regards
Markus