Re: [squid-users] Pausing the transfer of data during a browsing session

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 13:46:03 +1300

On 05/03/11 11:08, matt evans wrote:
> Im using squid 3.0 STABLE 25. Im working on a project involving
> prepaid web browsing. I do have a browsing session running. I'm just
> looking if there is a mechanism within squid (or any custom
> modifications to squid) to HOLD ON the transfer of data after a couple
> of bytes (say 20 KB) have been transfered and ask the user to approve
> or deny the transfer of the next set of bytes. Is there any function
> to pause the connection (socket programming c++).
>
> Thanks in advance!!

Byte-level controls like this are not possible without severely screwing
up all the HTTP transactions a client has.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Portal/Splash outlines how to
configure it per-object instead.
  There are payment-required status codes in HTTP that can be combined
with the splash if you can guarantee the client software will support them.

3.2 is needed for client bandwidth limits.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/ClientBandwidthLimit

Amos

--
Please be using