Re: [squid-users] Cache Log Entries

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 21:25:20 +1300

On 05/03/11 00:14, squid_at_sourcesystemsonline.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using squid2.7STABLE8 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit OS.
> Please, what is the meaning of "WARNING: newer swaplog entry for dirno 0,
> fileno 007F3A1C" and "assertion failed: C:\work\SNT-2.7\src\refresh.c:189:
> "age>= 0"".
> My squid service have stop and refuse to start, could it be because of
> these messages?
> Why did these messages occur and how can i prevent such message(s) in future?

The "newer swaplog entry" indicates that your recorded cache journal
entry states the disk object was newer than the disk timestamps say.

Kind of bad. It is fixed by removing the swap journal(s) and restarting
Squid with a DIRTY cache scan.

 From your log trace the crash appears to be doing that fix for you.

The crash itself means your Squid is attempting to validate an object
which was created in the future.

So your Squid is somehow loading objects from old storage on disk which
are both from the future AND from an earlier time than the journal said
they were supposed to be.

Check your system clock is accurate and NTP syncd with universal time.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5