[squid-users] Bypassing a bandwidth shaper

From: Mike Husmann <husmann_at_morningside.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:26:09 -0600

Hello all,
  Thanks for everyone who works to make this such a great product.

I've built a transparent proxy from source (2.7..) and it works really
well. What I'm wondering now is if I can fool my downstream bandwidth
shaper into not throttling the cache hits that come from squid. Is it
possible to do such a thing? For instance, tell squid to answer the
hit with it's IP rather than the original (external) IP?

Or is my only option to move the cache inside of the bandwidth shaper?

Thanks in advance,

Mike