Re: [squid-users] Squid 3 with AD Integration has Sharepoint Access problem!!

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 18:59:40 +1300

On 21/03/11 18:16, Go Wow wrote:
> Sharepoint is integrated with NTLM, normally it doesn't ask for
> username and password. Also if we enter username and password when the
> pop up comes then its not accepting. Why does it allow some users and
> block others? Just to mention I changed my squid3 config to add NTLM
> support with 2 auth_param basic and NTLM. Is this the cause of
> problem??

That change might make a browser bug visible. I have not seen any other
cases of it though.
  The proxy login and the server login are completely separate in HTTP
and Squid. The browser *should* be considering each to be separate and
sending the right ones.

Browser only sends credentials when they have to. First nothing, which
squid 407 challenges. Then just the proxy ones which the server 401
challenges. Then both, which works.

So what you see in the logs would be:
    TCP_MISS/407 1729 GET http://spserver/ - NONE/-
    TCP_MISS/401 1729 GET http://spserver/ DOMAIN-NAME\User.Name