Re: [squid-users] Fastest peer without ICP ?

From: 叶雨飞 <sunyucong_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 04:58:28 -0700

it's a customized tunnel can only transport TCP data.

on that diagram, SQUID BCD is actually act as a service cluster, for
many client like A. the data between A and BCD must be encrypt, and
the latency is expected to be pretty high on the link. flooding the
limited bandwidth tunnel with HTCPs probably not a good idea either.

However, per you, SQUID will track HTTP connect time and prefer faster
one by default? can it track "response time" instead? which means
time of a header exchange is done (which pretty much equals to the
link speed).

But I don't understand how SQUID reset the peer preference though, in
this case, if one of the peer is slow, squid wills till periodically
query it just to make sure it is still slow, but that will be very bad
experience for the end-user though.

Cheers.