Re: [squid-users] Squid WCCP and filters rules

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 02:14:06 +1300

On 30/03/11 01:54, gaël therond wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm still dealing with some WCCP special question.
>
> All my Cisco's and squid stuffs are working well, Cisco is redirecting requests, and squid do the job.
>
> BUT I'm wondering me if the following rules are correct and able to be respected with the wccp protocol active on squid.
>
> acl streaming_media_rep rep_mime_type ^video/x-flv
> acl streaming_media_req req_mime_type ^video/x-flv
>
> cache deny streaming_media_rep
> cache deny streaming_media_req
>
> I'm trying to not cache youtube or dailymotion streams at all, but unfortunatly it seems to not be really efficent.
>
> As you can see below, squid is still handeling the flux:
>

> Is there someone who now, how to avoid youtube's video to be cached?

Caching descisions are made on the request details. So mime type is too
late to work. Catching the User-Agent should work until they upgrade YT
away from flash ...

   acl flash browser Flash
   cache deny flash

And of course the YT domains can be non-cached as a whole with dstdomain.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5