[squid-users] Squid WCCP and filters rules

From: gaël therond <gael.therond_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 14:54:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hi folks,

I'm still dealing with some WCCP special question.

All my Cisco's and squid stuffs are working well, Cisco is redirecting requests, and squid do the job.

BUT I'm wondering me if the following rules are correct and able to be respected with the wccp protocol active on squid.

acl streaming_media_rep rep_mime_type ^video/x-flv
acl streaming_media_req req_mime_type ^video/x-flv

cache deny streaming_media_rep
cache deny streaming_media_req

I'm trying to not cache youtube or dailymotion streams at all, but unfortunatly it seems to not be really efficent.

As you can see below, squid is still handeling the flux:

Is there someone who now, how to avoid youtube's video to be cached?

Kind regards gael