Re: [squid-users] Squid WCCP and filters rules

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:59:34 +1300

 On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:34:04 +0200, gael therond wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> many thanks for your answer.
>
> I would like to deny cache for .flv and .swf file, Could I do that?
> Deny the complete youtube and dailymotion could be a solution, BUT
> there are
> not the only domains that I will have to deny, and if I need to deny
> cache
> for every video providers, I'll have a lot of job to do.
>
> PS: I'm in my lab domain, I'm testing the 3.2.0.5 version of SQUID.

 The way the "cache" access control is currently implemented in Squid it
 does not play nice for reply-based non-caching. That needs to be fixed,
 but there are other storage and handling problems holding us up.

 For now the refresh_pattern can be used to discard non-cacheables based
 on URL regex patterns. Sadly *after* they are already on disk. Just set
 the three time parameters to "0 0% 0" with a lot of the override-*
 options.

 You could also try setting a maximum object size on disk cached
 objects, flv/swf videos tend to be 2MB-50MB.

 FWIW: You have not actually said it but I get the impression you are
 struggling with speed problems handling the videos flowing through, yes?
 All of the Squid-3.x have shown slowdowns whether caching was enabled or
 not.

 Amos