Re: [squid-users] RE: Reverse Proxy Log Analytics

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 19:48:10 +1200

On 02/04/11 01:51, Justin Warner wrote:
> Hello..
>
> I知 trying to find a program that will give me better log analysis for a
> reverse proxy (accelerator). I知 thinking I知 going to end up having to
> write my own script but wondered if there is anything out there before I do.
>
> I知 looking to see how many actual hits there were how many times the
> request was passed to the real server etc.. The setup is 2 Reverse proxies
> round robin段ng to 5 web servers.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Justin.

Just about all the squid log analytics programs provide this info in
some form.

What you are needing to look at is the HIT/MISS accumulations. The log
analyzers mostly break these down into particular sub-types of HIT/MISS.
Easily located and reported on if you need.

I use an in-house system built around the DB logging facility so can't
really point you at specific reports or details on the other popular
analyzers. But worst-case you may end up using a DB with custom database
views like I have. Squid-3.2 bundles a database log helper usable on 2.7
or 3.2 the custom bits are only needed for the display queries.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5