Re: [squid-users] Route large traffic through different gateway

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:38:37 +1200

 On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 21:04:59 +0530, Supratik Goswami wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using squid-3.1.11-1.el5 in a production server which acts as a
> gateway of our network.
> Every system is connected to the internet through the Squid proxy
> server.
>
> In my Squid configuration I am using "reply_body_max_size 15 MB
> officelan" to restrict download of large files.
> I am also using the following delay pool parameters to restrict
> Squid's overall bandwidth consumption.
>
> delay_pools 1
> delay_class 1 1
> delay_access 1 allow all
> delay_parameters 1 192000/192000
>
> In my environment we have two ISP providers connected using two
> routers Link-1 and Link-2.
> Currently Squid uses Link-1 to connect to the internet.
>
> Currently if a download file size if more than 15 MB squid restricts
> the download as per the above configuration
> by my objective is to redirect requests through Link-2 if the
> download
> size is larger than 15 MB.
>
> While looking into the Squid mailing list archive I came across this
> post
> http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200707/0678.html.
> I wen through the Squid documentation but I am not able to find how
> can a achieve it using Squid.
>
> Any help would be highly appreciated.

 You do it exactly as Henrik described in that post.
 tcp_outgoing_address sets the IP used to send requests, the OS does the
 policy work.
  Lookup "policy routing" in your OS networking documentation for how to
 set it up there.

 There is also the QoS equivalents (tcp_outgoing_tos and qos_flows) that
 can be used nowdays as alternatives to the outgoing IP. How to manage
 and configure QoS should also be in your OS networking documentation.

 Amos