[squid-users] Squid proxy and apache tomcat web server on same machine?

From: <MargaretGillon_at_chromalloy.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:29:56 -0700

Last year with the list's help I configured squid as a proxy server on
Ubuntu 10.4 using a white list. Below is the site with my final
configuration.

http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Squid3-on-ubuntu-10-4-problem-using-acl-whitelist-in-external-file-td2228995.html

The Ubuntu Server had an Apache Tomcat web server on it that we were not
using yet. It seems the Squid has disabled it. Is it possible to run both
on the same server? I have crawled the archives but do not see any
reference to this specific issue. Right now the Squid and the Apache Tomcat
are for the LAN only with no external access planned in the near future.

When I run the tomcat test http://localhost/
the error message is
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.

Thank you, M.

"This e-mail message and any attachment(s) are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain company proprietary, privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail, advise them of the error and destroy this message and its attachments as well as any copies. The review, use or distribution of this message or its content by anyone other than the intended recipient or senior management of the company is strictly prohibited."