Re: [squid-users] Squid proxy and apache tomcat web server on same machine?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 13:17:09 +1200

 On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:29:56 -0700, MargaretGillon_at_chromalloy.com
 wrote:
> Last year with the list's help I configured squid as a proxy server
> on
> Ubuntu 10.4 using a white list. Below is the site with my final
> configuration.
>

> http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Squid3-on-ubuntu-10-4-problem-using-acl-whitelist-in-external-file-td2228995.html
>

> The Ubuntu Server had an Apache Tomcat web server on it that we were
> not
> using yet. It seems the Squid has disabled it. Is it possible to run
> both
> on the same server? I have crawled the archives but do not see any
> reference to this specific issue. Right now the Squid and the Apache
> Tomcat
> are for the LAN only with no external access planned in the near
> future.

 The config you have in that old thread for Squid has no relation or
 interaction with Apache OR tomcat.

> When I run the tomcat test http://localhost/
> the error message is
> Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.

 As it says, Firefox cannot connect to Tomcat running on the same
 machine as *firefox*.

 Test using http://example.com/ where "example.com" is the FQDN hostname
 of the box where Tomcat is running. That way firefox will either connect
 to the right machine, or instruct Squid to do so properly.

 Amos