RE: RE: Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.7 + SquidGuard + Squidclamav

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:46:52 -0400

Well, whichever route you decide to use, Squid in general is _very_ DNS
dependant, so you need to make sure it can access DNS somehow without
any delay or timeouts. Everyone's situation may differ, even from site
to site (branch office to office) within the same company.
Basically, you just need to use BIND's DNS tools to try and figure out
where the problems lie, like whether there is a broken DNS server
somewhere that you are referencing.

>>> <childrenofchaos_at_freenet.de> 4/13/2011 4:40 PM >>>
Hey,

currently it´s configured as: forward to ISP DNS and many more free dns
server like google (8.8.8.8).
Before i setup an own dns (bind) i used only dns proxy:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p udp --dport 53 -j DNAT
--to-destination 192.168.0.1:53
and the same with the tcp protokoll. (192.168.0.1 = Router with pppoe
connect and dynamic dns "push" from isp)

than, as the issues occour i setup the bind dns, and now i think the
problems occour much more as before.

The strange thing is, setup runs for a long time without any problems
oO

thanks