Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.7 + SquidGuard + Squidclamav

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ec.hadorhabaac.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 02:02:35 +0300

On 13/04/2011 22:06, childrenofchaos_at_freenet.de wrote:

> Hey,
>
> The configuration listet above, runs longer 1 year without an probs.
> Now we get the Squid Message: Timeout - DNS Error.
>
> first step i tried: dig google.de from the squid maschine. No probs.
> i saw in the cache.log that all url_rewrite_children are busy, so i screwd em up from 8 to 16.

how much traffic this server has?
if the url rewrite children are busy it's means too much usage or
inefficient rewriter.
if you need some help with the rewriter i can mange to build you a great
one that based on java.
my java url rewriters works on one server with a log of traffic with
only 2 child and works much more efficient then many others.

Eliezer