[squid-users] Space in Username

From: Durward Holt <durward_at_durandday.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:30:05 -0700

I found a couple patches for 2.2 and 2.4 that allow for a space in the
username.

Is a space not allowed in any of the versions?
Is it something that can be allowed easily?
What is the reason behind not providing for a space?

I have other web auth apps that connect with LDAP and AD, which
function with a space in the username just fine. I am basically being
told by another company that it not possible and they are not willing
to look at it. I am just curious if it is possible and what effort it
would require. The reasoning is a windows domain environment where
usernames are first last.

thanks for your replies,

Durward
durward_at_hillsboro.net