Re: [squid-users] Allow full access during a limited time period

From: Chad Naugle <Chad.Naugle_at_travimp.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:25:27 -0400

I'm not sure about dansguardian, but I'm sure that Squid can open itself
up at a specific time interval for *all* users during the work day, ie:
(Note that the time slot mentioned is in 24-hour format, and only a
quick and dirty example)

acl break_time time M T W H F 12:00-12:15
acl auth_users <auth_routine>
acl blocked_sites dstdomain <...>

http_access allow auth_users break_time
http_access deny blocked_sites
http_access allow auth_users
http_access deny all

Also, please make note of the use of "auth_users" ACL, assuming that
this would be tied to a routine to identify your users. If this were
not given, the USERNAME of the auth_users would not be logged, and it
would be the _first_ occurrence of a "auth_users" lookup in the ACL
ordering, but this type of ordering would be required to accomplish what
you are looking for. This could also have the side effect of displaying
the USERID of the person trying to visit a BLOCKED site, via Squid ACL,
unless this is all handled by Dansguardian.

>>> Fran Márquez <fjmarquez.ext_at_chguadalquivir.es> 4/15/2011 8:49 AM

Hi,

I have a doubt: Can I setup squid for allow full and free access during

a limited time period (for example, 15 minutes per day) for users can
access to any site without restrictions?

I don't like prohibit access to some popular sites, but I can't open it

permanently, since this is an office and people should work, but I
understand that
sometimes, a relax period is useful for work better, so I'm considering

leave about 15 minutes per day of free and full access. So, employees
can visit
his facebook profile, personal mail and others non work-related sites
during shorts periods of time.

Can I do this with squid and dansguardian?

Regards,
F.J

Travel Impressions made the following annotations
"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient
and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of
the information included in this message and any attachments is
notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this
message and any attachments.
Thank you."