[squid-users] Using login data of the user

From: Joachim Wiedorn <ad_debian_at_joonet.de>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 02:30:36 +0200

Hello,

since some days I search for the way how I can use the login data of the
user on his computer (client) for authentication check while he is using
his browser.

As I have understood if I activate authentication in /etc/squid3/squid.conf
then the browser ask the user at the first time of web access for username
and password. But the user always have done a login on this client computer
so why must I start this second authentication check of the user?

This way would be useful for use with LDAP or AD, but also with PAM
authentication.

Does anywhere know the solution?

---
Have a nice day.