Re: [squid-users] Gmail HTTPS Block

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:34:59 +1200

Re-wind. back to the original question and problem...

On 16/04/11 03:48, Mohammad Fattahian wrote:
<snip>
>> Is the any way to block HTTPS for some web sites?
>>
>> I have to block access to Gmail accounts.
>>
>> It's done for http but I did not find any solution for https.
>>
>> This is part of my configuration:
>>
>> acl gmail1 dstdomain google.com
>> acl gmail2 dstdomain google.ca
>> http_access deny CONNECT gmail1 gmail2

That is the right approach. Almost.

Please read this FAQ section on what is going wrong:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl#Common_Mistakes

After correcting your ACLs you will also want to prefix the domain names
with "." to catch their HTTPS sub-domains.

Oh, and be sure to make this a *new* CONNECT line. If you do any of this
to the existing/default CONNECT line you will be opening huge holes in
your security system.

Amos

--
Please be using