[squid-users] Cache inspection tools

From: Yang Zhang <yanghatespam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:50:15 -0700

Are there any tools that are useful for inspecting the contents of our
squid caches (esp. the on-disk cache)? Anything from a human-readable
presentation of what's in the cache to stats about domains/ages/etc.

I tried playing a bit with the squid cache manager CGI but it doesn't
seem to be such a tool. I haven't had much luck Googling.

I've been hacking together some bash scripts that runs over the files
in /var/spool/squid3/ to extract the info I need, but I was just
curious if anything else out there already exists.

Thanks.

--
Yang Zhang
http://yz.mit.edu/