Re: [squid-users] cache keeping downloaded files

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar_at_fantomas.sk>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:41:04 +0200

On 14.04.11 12:08, Jason Greene wrote:
> Can some one tell me if it is possible to make squid not cache a single
> domain?

it is, however...

> We have a service that downloads a file and squid seems to be keeping
> the old file in cache so we are not getting the updates.

the webserver probably provides incorrect data about the file, so squid does
not check whether the cached content is fresh.

> How do I set squid to not cache a domain and/or how do I clear that
> domain's cache and/or how to I change the life (ttl) of the cache?

You can use the 'cache' directive.

But it's much better to find out why doesn't squid revalidate the object.

Can you fetch the file directly from the server and look at the headers?

2B|!2B, that's a question!