Re: [squid-users] Re: Squid Cache flush

From: Jawahar Balakrishnan \(JB\) <jbalakri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:30:59 -0400

I would rather not do a restart of anything unless absolutely required

Here are the challenges we face

1) We are trying to deploy Suqid as a reverse-proxy in front of a CMS
2) We want to trying find a balance between keeping the content fresh
without affecting performance by frequently expiring content.

Our current reverse proxy solution allow us to flush the entire cache
without having to restart but in limited testing Squid seemed to
perform much better and we would prefer to use Squid but still retain
the functionality of being able to flush the entire cache periodically
via cron or when in case of an emergency.

Cache-control headers are fine and will work in case of limited number
of objects.

Thanks
JB