[squid-users] How to insert missing Content-Length (to enable Connection: Keep-alive)?

From: Yang Zhang <yanghatespam_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 19:09:10 -0700

We've been wresting with using Squid as a forward caching proxy for
web service calls from our application where we're caching as much as
possible. Some of the web service responses don't contain a
Content-Length, preventing client-side persistent connections (Squid
has no problem persisting connections as long as responses have
Content-Length set). Rapid TCP connections/teardowns are dramatically
impacting the performance of our application. How do we make Squid
specify the content length (which it knows) and thus use persistent
connections? Thanks in advance.

--
Yang Zhang
http://yz.mit.edu/