[squid-users] How to redirect / preserve header between source and destination?

From: Andreas Braathen <andreas.braathen_at_andtux.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 07:23:42 +0200
('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hi,

I've noticed that squid manipulates the headers/traffic from a source towards a destination. The squid is acting like a mediator with my config - how is it possible to forward the exact header retrieved from a client without squid changing it?

To make an example: |source| <-----> |squid| <-----> |destination|

Source is sending a GET request to destination: "http://domain.com:443/path". Squid sees that the URL is not a HTTP request, but a port 443 (i.e. HTTPS), and therefore sending a SYN-packet to the destination to establish an SSL connection.

I think this _only_ applies with HTTP -> HTTPS traffic and not HTTP -> HTTP.

Andreas